Honda’s VTEC® Turbo Engines: Power Meets Efficiency
Hondas are known for their reliability and performance pedigree, and with VTEC® Turbo engines you’ll also be able to do it with more power and better efficiency. See how this impressive lineup of engine technologies works, and then find a VTEC® Turbo-equipped Honda near Sussex today at Sussex Honda in Newton, NJ.
How VTEC® Turbo Engines Work
The VTEC® Turbo lineup uses a winning combination of technologies to achieve peak performance and efficiency:
- Direct Injection: This technology allows fuel to be directly injected into the engine’s cylinders. Meanwhile, high tumble import ports help ensure that fuel is most efficiently burned. Together, these features decrease the temperature of the fuel and provide ideal conditions for the most efficient delivery of gasoline into the system.
- Dual VTC for Intake and Exhaust: VTC, or Valve Timing Control, alters the intake and exhaust valve timing by mechanically controlling how long each of these valves stay open. The result is more efficient turbocharging, whether in low rev or high rev performance situations.
- Turbocharging: Instead of lagging behind like turbochargers of old, the VTEC® turbocharging system is able to deliver pinpoint responsiveness with the help of small, turbine-operated electronic wastegates.
New Honda Vehicles with VTEC® Turbo Engines
There are plenty of options for Newton drivers who want a new Honda vehicle with VTEC® performance:
- 2018 Honda Accord: The all-new Accord is offered with two different VTEC® engines, a turbocharged 1.5L inline-4 that makes 192 hp and a best-in-class 192 lb-ft of torque, as well as a turbocharged 2.0L inline-4 that’s good for 252 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. As of this writing, fuel economy numbers had not yet been announced.
- 2017 Honda Civic Si: A sporty addition to the new Honda Civic lineup, the Civic Si comes with a turbocharged 1.5L i-VTEC® inline-4 that makes 205 hp and 192 lb-ft of torque.
- 2017 Honda Civic Type R: The turbocharged 2.0L i-VTEC® inline-4 engine on the Type R pumps out a robust 306 hp and 295 lb-ft of torque.
- 2018 Honda CR-V: Standard on all but the base trim is a turbocharged 1.5L i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine that makes 190 hp and 179 lb-ft of torque and can get up to an EPA-estimated 34 mpg highway and 28 mpg city*.
Experience the Thrill of a Honda VTEC® Turbo Engine Today!
Whether you have more questions about VTEC® Turbo engineering or want to experience its power and efficiency for yourself, the team at Sussex Honda is here to help. We’re open Monday through Saturday, and you can reach us at (855) 860-7860.