What are the 2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings?
Sparta Twp and Hackettstown drivers want an SUV that not only comes with the latest performance and technology features at their fingertips, but also plenty of safety to keep you safe no matter where the road takes you. If you’re one of those drivers, the 2020 Honda CR-V has all the technology and features you want in an SUV, along with safety ratings that have exceeded the expectations of some of the industry’s top organizations. Learn more about the strong Honda CR-V safety ratings and its suite of trusted safety features from the auto professionals at Sussex Honda!
IIHS Honda CR-V Safety Rating
The Honda CR-V underwent several crash tests by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety* where it earned the following marks:
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment (highest possible rating)*
- Headlights: Acceptable*
- Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable*
NHTSA Honda CR-V Safety Rating
The Honda CR-V was also tested by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration** and was rated on a 5-star scale in the four main categories below:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
Honda CR-V Standard Safety Features
The CR-V LX sets the standard for the rest of the lineup by delivering these standard safety features that are available on all subsequent trims:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
As you move up the CR-V lineup into models like the CR-V EX trim level or higher, drivers can also take advantage of the Honda Sensing® suite to achieve better visibility and updated traffic information on the road with features like:
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Enjoy a New or Used Honda CR-V From Sussex Honda
Drivers searching for a dependable and safe Honda SUV will find peace of mind with the incredible 2020 Honda CR-V safety ratings. Are you ready to make your way over to Sussex Honda and check out this SUV in person? You can find more features such as the CR-V dimensions, AWD performance, and maintenance schedule, and check out our inventory of new and used CR-V models for sale. Contact us today for more information and to schedule a test drive at our dealership near Denville and Mount Olive Twp!
*For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org.
**Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.