Does the Honda Pilot Have AWD?
The 2019 Honda Pilot is available with a specially-designed all-wheel drive option: the Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD System. It is available on each trim level, and standard in the highest Honda Pilot trim. Learn more about Honda Pilot AWD and performance features at Sussex Honda, then browse our inventory to find a Honda Pilot for sale near Hackettstown!
Honda Pilot AWD Engine Specs
Here is what Honda Pilot performance looks like with the standard Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD System on the Honda Pilot Elite trim:
- 3.5L V6 engine
- 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque
- 9-speed automatic with Shift-by-Wire and paddle shifters
- 20-inch machine-finished alloy wheels
- EPA-estimated 19/26/22 city/highway/combined mpg*
What Exactly is i-VTM4™ AWD?
The Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD System is an advanced piece of engineering from Honda for better performance on Sparta Twp roads. But how does i-VTM4™ AWD work?
- Front-to-rear distribution of engine torque directs power to those wheels with traction.
- Two electro-hydraulically actuated clutch packs–one for each rear wheel–allows for high-level performance.
- Each clutch can be engaged separately, to send variable amounts of torque to each wheel independently.
- This enhances traction slippery conditions like ice and snow, and allows for better cornering in dry conditions.
Honda Pilot Performance Features
The 2019 Honda Pilot offers advanced performance features so you can take on more of the Denville roads with confidence. Technologies that come standard on all Honda Pilot trim levels include:
- Eco Assist System™
- Variable Cylinder Management™
- Active Control Engine Mount System
- Hill Start Assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control
- Electronic Brake Distribution
On higher trims, you can also enjoy features like Idle Stop, Remote Engine Start, and Intelligent Traction Management with Snow/Sand/Mud.
Explore Honda Performance at Sussex Honda
Contact us to learn more about the performance features on the Honda Pilot, or come in for a test drive to experience them first-hand! You can also compare the Honda Pilot vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee to find out how the competition measures up.
As a leading compact SUV, the 2019 Honda CR-V offers an impressive amount of space for its size. Easily navigating around Sparta Twp streets thanks to its exterior dimensions, the CR-V is a crowd-pleaser with passengers due to its interior dimensions. Take a peek below to find out what the CR-V’s cargo room and comfort secrets…
The LX, EX, EX-L, Touring, and Elite are all apart of the lineup of 2019 Honda Pilot configurations. As you upgrade your vehicle, you’ll gain more access to an upscale exterior, enhanced performance, a spacious interior, and cargo features. From an optional rear entertainment system to a V6 engine, the Pilot offers multiple features for…
The new 2019 Honda Accord comes with a five-star safety rating thanks to the innovative safety technology from Honda. Discover more about the Accord safety ratings and features at Sussex Honda, then make your way to our Newton dealership for a test drive. View Inventory Contact Us Accord Safety Ratings Complete with upgraded performance and advanced…