Does the Honda Pilot Have AWD?
The 2019 Honda Pilot is available with a specially-designed all-wheel drive option: the Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD System. It is available on each trim level, and standard in the highest Honda Pilot trim. Learn more about Honda Pilot AWD and performance features at Sussex Honda, then browse our inventory to find a Honda Pilot for sale near Hackettstown!
Honda Pilot AWD Engine Specs
Here is what Honda Pilot performance looks like with the standard Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD System on the Honda Pilot Elite trim:
- 3.5L V6 engine
- 280 hp and 262 lb-ft of torque
- 9-speed automatic with Shift-by-Wire and paddle shifters
- 20-inch machine-finished alloy wheels
- EPA-estimated 19/26/22 city/highway/combined mpg*
What Exactly is i-VTM4™ AWD?
The Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD System is an advanced piece of engineering from Honda for better performance on Sparta Twp roads. But how does i-VTM4™ AWD work?
- Front-to-rear distribution of engine torque directs power to those wheels with traction.
- Two electro-hydraulically actuated clutch packs–one for each rear wheel–allows for high-level performance.
- Each clutch can be engaged separately, to send variable amounts of torque to each wheel independently.
- This enhances traction slippery conditions like ice and snow, and allows for better cornering in dry conditions.
Honda Pilot Performance Features
The 2019 Honda Pilot offers advanced performance features so you can take on more of the Denville roads with confidence. Technologies that come standard on all Honda Pilot trim levels include:
- Eco Assist System™
- Variable Cylinder Management™
- Active Control Engine Mount System
- Hill Start Assist
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ with Traction Control
- Electronic Brake Distribution
On higher trims, you can also enjoy features like Idle Stop, Remote Engine Start, and Intelligent Traction Management with Snow/Sand/Mud.
Explore Honda Performance at Sussex Honda
Contact us to learn more about the performance features on the Honda Pilot, or come in for a test drive to experience them first-hand! You can also compare the Honda Pilot vs. Jeep Grand Cherokee to find out how the competition measures up.
Sparta Twp and Hackettstown drivers in search of an SUV that can keep you moving while also offering plenty of features to take your commute to the next level are sure to be impressed by the fully loaded Honda Pilot LX interior features. No matter if you’re looking for more cabin space for passengers and storage…
Sparta Twp and Hackettstown drivers looking for a reliable sedan to keep them safe will surely be impressed by the 2019 Honda Civic safety ratings from some of the auto industry’s most reputable safety organizations. But that’s just the beginning, as this sedan also comes equipped with a full suite of driver assist features to offer…
If you’re looking for some extra strength on the job site, then the 2019 Honda Ridgeline towing capacity offers plenty of assists. And, since you need a pickup truck to meet your specific towing needs, the Ridgeline comes in several trim levels with varying drivetrains and performances. Join Sussex Honda to break down the Honda Ridgeline…